197 Worshippers
59 Worshipping
amishoard

Ami's Hoard

To Read is To Live

Riverbend Road (RaeAnne Thayne)

Riverbend Road (Haven Point) - RaeAnne Thayne

It feels good returning to Haven Point, the fictional small town from the pen of RaeAnne Thayne, which started with Snow Angel Cove back in 2014. In Riverbend Road, readers are going to meet police officer Wynona "Wyn" Bailey and the Chief of Police, Cade Emmett.

I loved Wyn so much!! I thought she was totally awesome. She stole my heart early on when she walked into an old barn on fire to save two teenage boys. Then Wyn continued to charm me as the story went along, with her befriending a skittish woman and her kids, teaching self-defense class, and of course dealing with her feeling for Cade. I loved that she made the first move and later on, she didn't back down when she told Cade what she wanted out of him.

“I don’t want to be vital to the department. I only want to be vital to you. I’m in love with you, Cade. Don’t you get it?”

There wasn't a lot that I could complaint about when it comes to Wyn. I adored her; she was kind, friendly, resourceful, and strong. On top of that she was also a survivor. I think Wyn is definitely my favorite heroine so far from this series.

Cade on the other hand -- urgh, I could knock some sense into him. Being the best friend of Wyn's older brother, Cade suffered from the typical attitude in romance, as in not wanting to make a move towards his best friend's sister. It also didn't help that Cade was practically Wyn's boss, which could complicate their professional relationship if people found out. Especially since one of Wyn's friends was none other than Haven Point's mayor, a.k.a. Cade's boss.

Despite this, I thought the story was lovely; there was definitely a chemistry between Wyn and Cade considering they were also good friends. There was douse of humor too, one of the most precious moments was when Wyn asked Cade to help with her self-defense class. Not going to spoil much but there was a good amount of drama and action near the end, which resulted in a satisfying conclusion for Wyn and Cade's romance.

It was a wonderful read and I look forward to more stories from Haven Point...

The ARC is provided by the publisher via Netgalley for an exchange of fair and honest review. No high rating is required for any ARC received.