197 Worshippers
60 Worshipping
amishoard

Ami's Hoard

To Read is To Live

Nobody's Hero (Bec McMaster)

Nobody's Hero (The Burned Lands Book 1) - Bec McMaster

Bec McMaster took her pen writing about Wasteland, 131 years in the future. Wargs, raivers, and revenants have all crawled into the surface after meteor struck and the skies blackened. Riley Kincaid is forced to survive and defends her home, Haven. But then a monster-man, Lucius Wade, kidnaps her on his way to get his revenge, and Riley must learn a different kind of survival...

Well, after 6 months into 2016, I finally got my 5* book! McMaster has done it again. I have loved her works since a couple of years ago with London Steampunk series. This is the first time she wrote about dystopian world (her previous works all set in historical/steampunk society)I frickin' LOVED everything about it. EVERYTHING. I had no complaints.

I usually had problem if the author immediately jumps into actions, as I am a reader who kind of needs context or info-dump in the beginning, just to make me understand about the world-built. But I totally had no problems here. The story went fast, and I felt like time flies reading it. The only thing that was able to put it down was because I had to deal with my laptop being wonky with virus *sigh*

Bottom line: Riley kicks ass. Wade is to die for. The world-built is awesome. The villains are worthy. The plot twists engaging. And the sex is scorching hot.

The only downside is that I have to wait until 2017 for book #2. ARGH!