197 Worshippers
59 Worshipping
amishoard

Ami's Hoard

To Read is To Live

Conquer The Flames (Ariel Tachna)

Conquer the Flames - Ariel Tachna

2.75 rounded up

I had to agree with most of what my friend, Veronica, thought of this one. This is definitely my least favorite of the series so far. The attempt to kill the fire was good enough action though; it gave something more adrenaline worthy compared to the usual day-to-day life of the ranch.

However, I had problems with how the two men dealt with their issues. Those were serious things -- and kept it inside was not healthy. I guess I was over with the whole "I don't want to talk about this" mentality, although I realize it is also happen in real life. Like Veronica said, it was like a blind leading the blind -- Thorne struggling with his PTSD while Ian hadn't really deal with the trauma that happened in his teenager's year. With that in mind, I also had big problem believing that the two would fall in love so quick (Thorne was willing to "move in" within, what, days?). It was drama but not one that I liked.

Just like Veronica, I also thought Ian sounded younger than his actual age, which kinda threw me off a lot whenever he talked about having spent over fifteen years at Lang Downs.

I did like it whenever Caine and Macklin appeared though. They were like the patriarchs of the ranch :)