197 Worshippers
59 Worshipping
amishoard

Ami's Hoard

To Read is To Live

Old Acquaintance (Avon Gale)

Old Acquaintance - Avon Gale

3.5 stars

I was intrigued with Avon Gale's sport-themed romance, Breakaway, because a friend seemed to enjoy it so. However, I didn't want to jump immediately into a novel-length story since Gale was a new-to-me author. Luckily, she wrote a short one for DSP's advent calendar 2015 and I thought it would be a good one for a try out.

Well, I really liked this. The writing style was pretty engaging. I liked how Gale described both men's attraction towards one another, despite the age gap (20 years difference), Andrew's lack of experience with men (he was married to a woman for a decade), and of course the very short time span. Usually, the quick turnabout towards the sheet annoyed me but Andrew and Elias had that chemistry. Plus I liked this statement by Andrew ...

“I’m old enough to know what I want, Elias, even if I don’t know what I’m doing.”

... which kinda help me with taking things as they come, because yes, Andrew was 43-years-old and he was definitely old enough to know what he want, or what the consequences that come after.

Unfortunately, the story ended when it was just started. I would count it as HFN (though it fit with the short timeline). I would LOVE to read more about these two, I wanted to see how they fare together further down the road. I liked the idea of the two finding love.