198 Worshippers
60 Worshipping
amishoard

Ami's Hoard

To Read is To Live

Smart and Sexy (Jill Shalvis)

Smart and Sexy - Jill Shalvis

Jill Shalvis is currently one of my comfort authors and I (usually) love her more recent books. This one though was neither comforting, nor good, and I definitely did not like it. I wonder if it is due to the book being released in 2007 or because it's released by Brava (I remember Brava having more sex contents).

Anyway, I'm not going to say much because other negative reviews have said it better. The only reason I didn't DNF was because I was behind my Goodreads challenge so I didn't want to. I did a lot of skimming though.

Bottom line, the heroine was weak and too-stupid-to-be-even-alive, the hero was often thinking with his d*ck (because he have gone 6 months without sex, boo hoo) and of course they needed to have sex like bunnies during a life-and-death situation. Bleh. What a sad excuse of 'suspense' in a romance book (no, not going to call this a romantic suspense, it was just ridiculous).

Not going to even bother with the next books in this series. Lucky that I bought only this one (and not all three) during the Kobo 50% event.